To think about before the seminar:
1. How do you feel when engaging in works of fiction? Is it the same kind of feelings you have in everyday life or not? Are you behaving rationally?
2. What is the paradox of fiction? State it in 3 premises:
3. Why think it is irrational to have emtional responses to things we dont think exist? Who denies this?
4. What is Walton's view?
5. Do you think it is irrational to respond emtionally to fictional works? What does Radford think?
6. Do you enjoy all the feelings that you have when you engage with a work of fiction? If you answered no, then why do you think you seek such experiences out?